[Boatanchors] Possible VFO???

Lee L at w0vt.us
Sun Apr 9 21:42:00 EDT 2017

Could you use this generator as a VFO?  Would you need a low pass filter
for it?  For 40 meters and above, would you use a 40 meter signal for
all bands 40 thru 10 meters?  I suspect so as most old boat anchor rigs
used 40 meter crystals for 40 meters and above. Then the next question
is how do you mute it while receiving.  I'm wondering if there would be
a way to move the output frequency while receiving.  Possibly a fast
acting relay could switch in the generator while transmitting and switch
it out while receiving. I'm not sure how much radiation would come out
of the plastic box while receiving if it was still on the operating
frequency.  (This is assuming we are operating on 40 meters and the
generator was on 40 meters.)  It certainly has enough output power to
drive a boat anchor.   Anyone on here experimenting with this concept?

Lee, w0vt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351825634342?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT