[Boatanchors] I bought me an early Xmas present

Ron Lawrence W4RON w4ron at carolina.rr.com
Mon Dec 25 13:26:33 EST 2017

Brian KN4R a really good friend of more than 40 years needed to
sell something to raise some money to buy something else.
I ask what he had to sell and he sent a photo of a nice little
National SW-3 amateur receiver. I've been needing one to have for
a display to go with my Clough-Brengle model 87.
This SW-3 is really nice and very original, it hasn't been "hammed"...

Here's a link to some pics of the National and the C-B transmitter

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HzeTjADph6y_VYw8ulfTxw0YbpOZrNPF

and a photo I was sent from an old CCC radio operator of the station
he operated in 1938, it was WUEV in Wausau WI.
I got a good bit of mail from old CCC operators after there was a
write-up about my C-B transmitter in QST in 2000.

This transmitter is REALLY heavy, I wonder how I'm going to get
it back up where it belongs.

http://cloughbrengle.homestead.com/CCC_Radio.html

http://radioheaven.homestead.com/CloughBrengletransmitters.html

I need a doghouse power supply for it and a 75meter coil set.

cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Knee-deep in the cosmic overwhelm, I’m stricken
by the ricochet wonder of it all: the plain

everythingness of everything, in cahoots
with the everythingness of everything else.

73, Ron W4RON

http://radioheaven.homestead.com

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6ULchf6nR4xa1NWdENRU0tCNGc

Register for the 2018 Antique Radio Charlotte Conference! March 22-24, 2018

http://cc-awa.club/

We want to see you there!