[Boatanchors] Minneapolis Craigslist: Radio Chest CH38 with most of an SCR-178

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 23:46:15 EDT 2017

Hello All,

Stopped by to look at this today and saw it was incredibly clean and, in my opinion, near mint condition.

The overall item for sale consists of the CH-38 case, Battery Box BX-4, BC-187 Transmitter and BC-188 Modulator. The BC-186 Receiver was not present.

I opened the transmitter and the battery units and they looked unused. The outer transport CH-38 case itself is scuffed and dirty, as would be expected, but all the latches I tried worked. I did not open the modulator unit.

The downside: Other than missing the receiver and headphones, there are no tubes in the transmitter (needs a VT-55 and VT-25). The battery case was empty, too, so some power supply work would be in order.

Overall it would certainly be a nice display piece. I think the asking price of $25 is a bargain.

Link: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ ... 10025.html<https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/6140110025.html>
[https://images.craigslist.org/00707_i1lRRe8u8lR_600x450.jpg]<https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/6140110025.html>

Signal Corps US Army Chest Radio Model CH38<https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/6140110025.html>
minneapolis.craigslist.org
Vintage US Army Signal Corps Radio model CH38 Unique chest radio Needs tubes but the components are in good condition.

There was a brief discussion on this item several years ago in one of the Antiqueradios.com forums: http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/vie ... p?t=136057<http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=136057>
Did I do good with this find? US Army Signal Corp stuff<http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=136057>
www.antiqueradios.com
Post subject: Did I do good with this find? US Army Signal Corp stuff

Full disclosure: No financial interest in the sale, but it would be nice to see this go to a good home.

Best Regards,

William

<https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/6140110025.html>