[Boatanchors] Sprague Black Beauty capacitors

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Wed Mar 15 13:19:55 EDT 2017

Hi Richard,
	I thought you'd have opened a real discussion here, but haven't seen
anything yet.  So, here's my thoughts -- I've done a lot of SP-600's,
and they each have in the neighborhood of 55 BBOD's in them.  I've
usually used disc ceramics in most places, with electrolytics where
needed due to value, and poly's for the few interstage coupling
applications, particularly when RF is involved.
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole