[Boatanchors] FS Johnson Viking Challenger transmitter

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Tue May 30 13:06:29 EDT 2017

FS Johnson Viking Challenger transmitter. Covers 6 thru 80 meters TX,
crystal control, or use an optional VFO. It is in very nice shape both
inside and out. I have never seen a nicer one on the inside. Looks near new
and very well built. The Front Panel is great too, but the cabinet has some
scratches that I touched up. It looks good, but could use a repaint to be
perfect. I will include a new can of correct Johnson Maroon spray
paint(CF-5251). I bought this rig from the original owner who had it as his
first Novice rig. It had been stored for decades. I brought it up slowly
with a Variac and have tested it on CW. It has full output and a good CW
tone. I did not test it in AM, no mic with a correct connector. One 40 meter
Crystal included and a copy of the manual. I am asking $275 plus shipping.
Pictures available. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX