[Boatanchors] frozen potentiometer

Jim Simmons orion at datasync.com
Tue Sep 26 13:21:42 EDT 2017

FWIW. One of the best penetrating oils is a 50/50 mixture of Automatic
Transmission Fluid (ATF) and Acetone. This stuff is better than
commericial penetrating oil - and it's a lot less expensive. I'd apply
just a small drop on the knob end of that center shaft then let it set
and do it's work. Like Jim Pruitt said the Acetone will carry the AFF
into the frozen parts and evaporate, leaving the lubricating ATF.

Jim Simmons
N5MSJ