[Boatanchors] trashed package resolution

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 22 13:12:55 EST 2018

 From my experience with over 300 eBay purchases, unless your seller
requests a signature for delivery, they will leave a crushed package
on your doorstep.

USPS seems to be the "sneakiest" …….  I've received decorative glass
decanters that were crushed and their package looked like a truck ran
over it in my mailbox... ( the postperson *KNEW* that it was damaged …
hard to hide the sound of broken glass ).

So always ask for signatures and make sure that anyone receiving your
package makes the UPS, FedEx. or USPS delivery person watch you open
the package if there is any doubt that the package arrived damaged.
Even so, ask them to watch as the package is opened so they can't say
that the contents were improperly packed.  Get their name and truck
number or license plate and record the time .. If they will, have them
sign a piece of paper attesting to the damage so they won't forget
days later ( they deliver a lot of packages and memories being sort
and selective ).

Most of my packages arrive perfect, but that one bad experience isn't
worth the small expense of getting a delivery signature.

Don W4DNR