[Boatanchors] Article on changing from 2 to 3 wire power cords

Maury Guzick w5io at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 7 10:08:26 EDT 2019

 I appreciate all the replies.

I have been replacing worn out 2 wire power cords with newer 2 wire cords of similar style on radios with one side grounded to the chassis.

I am at the moment looking at bringing back to life a HT-32 I got for $10. But the AC is or has been lifted off the chassis. There have been a number of mods under the chassis. So I want to have a better understanding of how to rewire the power cord.

I also am looking at some antique radios that are AC/DC types that will need new cords, so this inquiry is multipurpose.

73MauryW5IO