[Boatanchors] Article on changing from 2 to 3 wire power cords

Eric vzwengr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 20:18:50 EDT 2019

My very unlearned opinion.....

Connecting a supposed to be floating metal cabinet to the grounding wire
and then using the hot and neutral wires to connect to the chassis
inside the cabinet would protect against the cabinet from "going hot".
As far as I know this is the entire purpose of the grounding wire.

If the cabinet is wood, plastic or some other insulating material,then I
can't see any reason to install a 3 wire cord & plug.

Eric
WB6TIX