[Boatanchors] Any Interest in Used 866A, 866 AX, 816 Rectifier Tubes?

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 22:53:06 EDT 2019

Hello All,

Came across an estate lot that has a selection of high voltage rectifier tubes.   I have no use for them myself and would not mind passing them along to whomever could put them to use - preferably to folks who would want more than one at a time.  Seeing how they are half wave, I expect folks would want at least two.

None have been tested by me as yet and, frankly, I am not looking forward to that task.

There are a dozen or more 866A tubes.  Only a couple are in boxes (and the boxes are in rough shape).

I also have 6 or so Amperex 866 AX tubes (similar to 866A, but smaller envelope) and some have clear silicon caulk around the base (application was kind of sloppy, if you ask me).

There are qty 6 - 8 type 816 tubes.

And, lastly, there are several (8 or so) 3B28 tubes that I know of.

Some tubes have tape residue on the base or glass and there are probably other cosmetic imperfections.  From what I have seen thus far, all of the bases and top caps appear firmly attached.  If I come across anything wiggly, the tube will be recycled.

If there was someone here in the St. Paul, MN, area (I live in Inver Grove Heights) who would want to pick them up, I would sell the whole lot for $40 just to save time and get them out of my garage.  Otherwise I guess I would price them at $5 apiece (firm).

Purchasing a box and shipping would be additional.  Let's assume the cost of a box is $5 (new, UPS shipping box 12" cube, including time/gas/coffee).  I believe I could safely pack 4 large tubes in a 12" cube box.  Shipping would be calculated for the specific address and would be via USPS ground only, to CONUS addresses, from ZIP Code 55076.

I am not looking to get rich or make anyone poor, but I have quite a bit of stuff to dig through and I don't have a whole lot of spare time with the school year fast approaching.  If you wish to purchase some, please take the time to go to USPS.com and use the postage calculator to get an estimate of the shipping cost and confirm your budget before you reply.  PayPal to w_b_morton at hotmail.com is preferred.

I will wait for a couple days to see what the interest is.  Let's use Monday, 19 August, 8:00 pm central time as a deadline.  Any leftovers at that time will be taken to electronics recycling.

Thank you for your consideration.  I hope I don't sound too grouchy, but my goal is to get these out of my garage safely/quickly/efficiently.

Best Regards,

William
w_b_morton at hotmail.com