[Boatanchors] Need an old Simpson 2" round panel meter

Frank Barnes fbw4npn at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:40:20 EDT 2020

I have a number of Simpson meters in my junque box, including some round
ones.  Simpson actually had a couple of different designs on their meter
bezels.  If we get the wrong design, the zero-centering screw (and perhaps
other stuff) won't work.  If you could provide a photo of the front of the
old one, I will see if I have a match.  All mine are used but work so far
as I know.  Some bezels have age-related grime on them and will have to be
cleaned but that should not be a problem.

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM Ray LaRue <w4byg at att.net> wrote:

> I have a good 2" Simpson 3 amp RF panel meter, which I would like to
> install in my 500 watt station. However this one has a bad crack on the
> bezel around it and therefore looks ugly.
>
> I would like to find another old 2" Simpson meter of most any value,
> which I could take out the movement and reinstall my movement into. This
> meter has 3 flush mounting screws on the back cowling.  Other
> manufacturers of 2" meters, don't typically use the same mounting config
> on the back, nor will their zero adjustment on the front mate up.
>
> Anyone out there have an old 2" Simpson panel meter they would part with?
>
> Your attention and assistance is a appreciated.
> Ray, W4BYG
>
> --
> They say a smart person learns from their mistakes.  A
> wise person learns from the mistakes of others.
>

> --
> https://www.avg.com

Frank Barnes
W4NPN