[Boatanchors] Hallicrafters SX-100 Recxeiver and other vintage items FS

Ken, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:13:58 EDT 2022

Collectible Hallicrafters SX-100 Receiver For Sale:

This SX-100 is immaculate, pristine, perfect.
I have never seen one in this good of condition,
even 60 years ago.  If you would like a really
collectible specimen, this one is it.

The Hallicrafters SX-100 is a 14 tube set covering
the broadcast band from 538 to 1580 KHz and
three short wave bands from 1720 KHz to 34 MHz.
The gap from 1580 to 1720 KHz is there
because the receiver first IF is 1650 KHz. The
second conversion is crystal-controlled
for an IF of 50.5 or 50.75 KHz. Bandspread
is calibrated for the 80, 40, 20, 15 and 11-10
meter ham bands. The set was reviewed in QST
magazine in December 1955.

This example is a Mark I A version according
to the information on the manual. Other
versions include Mark I, Mark IB, Mark II,
Mark IIA, and Mark IIB. The differences
are primarily cosmetic such as knob style but
there are also electronic differences.
The major electronic differences are a change
to 50.75 KHz for the Mark II series 2nd IF
chain versus 50.5 KHz for the earlier Mark I
series and a Mark II change that increased
the AVC delay when switched to SSB/CW.

As I said earlier, this one is immaculate.
It looks like it just came out of its box new.  It has not been used for
18 years, I have been told.

In additional to the radio, some extras are
included.  It has the original manual that also
looks like new.  I can not believe it would stay
in this condition for this long.

Also, a complete set of replacement tubes are
included.  I have no idea as to the condition
of the present tubes, but a spare set never hurts.
They are probably worth $100 in themselves.

I tried to post a picture, but that does not go thru.  So if you would
like a picture, please e-mail me.

It seems to me that $500 (plus shipping
if needed) is a fair price for this package.
If you do not think so, please let me know.
Pick up near Ocala FL would be much preferred.

.
Related items:

.
Vintage National Speaker For Sale:
-
This speaker is a National speaker, with the
National logo on it. It apparently was made
to go with the NC-46 receiver, but I am sure
could be used with others as well. I think the
model number of the speaker is NC-46-TS.
It matches the NC-46 chrome base.

I have seen pictures of this speaker with HRO
receivers as well as other National receivers.

The case is lined with some sort of special
sound material, somewhat "waffle like" which
is still in extremely good shape.

The speaker metal case measures 9 H x 10-7/16 W
x 7-1/2 D and weighs about 8 pounds. The
weight gives you an idea of the quality!

The condition of this particular speaker is
outstanding. Pristine. I can not find a
defect of any sort. No scratches, dents,
or dings. Maybe a very tiny bit of dust.
All four feet are present and are in great
condition.

Buy this terrific speaker for $150 plus
shipping from Florida.

.
Another National Speaker:

National HRO-7 TS Speaker

Although the HRO-7 TS was made to match the
HRO-7 receiver, it really is a good match for
most any National receiver,or most any vintage
receiver for that matter, including the SX-100
above.

It is 10.5 x 10.5 x 7 inches deep.

Like all of the National speakers I have seen
recently, it has the sort of "waffle like"
acoustical lining inside the case of the speaker,
  which produces much better sound.

This one is not as pristine as the one listed
above.  It is not bad by any means, but not
perfect.   It  has a few minor scratches
on it, but nothing that really detracts
from it.

Buy if for only $100, plus shipping from Florida.

.

.

I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, connectors, miscellaneous accessories,
etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

.
Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson