[Boatanchors] Looking for Equivalent / Substitute Transistor

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 19:17:58 EDT 2022

Hello All,

My son has an older Kepco model JQE 36-15 solid state power supply that worked quite well for lighting filaments of his transmitting tubes.  Unfortunately it suddenly stopped working and he is in the process of troubleshooting the issue.

His efforts thus far have pointed him to transistor Q2 in the unit.  He pulled it out and our little transistor tester indicated a failed component.  The marking on the top of the case is "STI 119 0094".  When I look in a download copy of the manual, I see Q2 vendor part number "M.S. Transistor 119-0094".  I imagine the unit was built with a part from a different vendor.

Does anyone know an equivalent substitute?  I have looked all around the web and have had no luck even finding a nice table with "119-0094" in it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.  Hopefully a replacement part will fix the issue and he can get back to his work.

Best Regards,

William