[calix-nsp] IPv6 status

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Aug 6 23:33:04 EDT 2010

We requested and were assigned a /32.  When building my IPv6 addressing plan
I discovered that when planning for the future, assigning a /48 to each
customer, regardless of size, would result in me burning up addresses too
quickly.  A /56 per customer provided a happy balance for us.

I've heard of other Calix shops doing VLAN per port -- can I ask people why
they're doing this?  Why not VLAN per service?

Frank