[cisco-bba] Per user accounting

Murali Kolli mkolli at cisco.com
Thu Jul 10 11:17:55 EDT 2003

You mentioned that Radius based is not a solution, but I would like to mention
that # of radius logs depend on the type of accounting (Num packets/Time based
and Pre-paid/post-paid based).

Cisco SSG gives functionality for all the above, but based on radius
transactions
and an external billing server to generate bills.

Thanks.

-Murali

At 04:48 PM 7/10/2003 +0100, Thomas Bridge wrote:
>We've a Cisco 7200 terminating our customer's PPPoE  and PPP over L2TP
>connections for ADSL.   It's running 12.2(16)B
>
>Is there anyway internal to the router to do per user accounting - radius
>is not over suitable for this, as it wraps at 4GB and needs the session to
>terminate, or constant monitoring of the radius logs,
>
>T.
>

>Thomas Bridge                           tbridge at netsource.ie
>Network and Systems Architect           Support phone: +353 1 4336070
>Netsource                               26 Upr Fitzwilliam St., Dublin 2

Murali Kolli
Product Manager
SSG/Subscriber Edge in IOS
Office : 408-526-5228