[cisco-bba] strange PPPoE virtual-access interface

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Fri Nov 21 01:28:04 EST 2003

Well, now i understood why my "show vtemplate" command shows +2 va interfaces from the
"show vpdn" command.

router#sh vpdn

L2TP Tunnel and Session Information Total tunnels 2 sessions 736 	<------

router#sh vtemplate
Virtual access subinterface creation is globally disabled

          Active     Active    Subint  Pre-clone Pre-clone
        Interface Subinterface Capable Available   Limit
        --------- ------------ ------- --------- ---------
Vt1          517            0    No          --        --
Vt2          219            0    No          --        --

Usage Summary
                       Interface   Subinterface
                       ---------   ------------
Current in use              738              0				<------
Current free                  8              0
Total                       746              0

And these are the 2 extra va interfaces:

router#sh int virtual-access 1
Virtual-Access1 is up, line protocol is up
   Hardware is Virtual Access interface
   MTU 1492 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100000 usec,
      reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
   Base PPPoE vaccess, loopback not set

router#sh int virtual-access 2
Virtual-Access2 is up, line protocol is up
   Hardware is Virtual Access interface
   MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100000 usec,
      reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
   Base PPPoVPDN vaccess, loopback not set

thx Mark for the "tip" ;-)