[cisco-bba] Multiple PPPoE clients on the same PVC

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Wed Oct 1 14:50:39 EDT 2003

> > I though (after reading PPPoE RFC) that multiple PPPoE sessions were
> > possible on the same PVC. Is this something that Cisco doesn't
> > support?
>
> We support it on the PPPoE server side, not on the client side.
>
> > Are there any plans for support in a future ios release?
>
> Not that I know of. Is there a lot of interest in this among other
> folks?

out of curiousity.  how do you plan to envision using multiple PPPoE
sessions on the same VC on the client side?  it definitely makes sense
on the aggregation side and we support it.  but i don't see what problem
we can solve by having multiple sessions on the same VC on the client side.

cheers
.siva