[cisco-bba] Multiple PPPoE clients on the same PVC

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Wed Oct 1 17:17:59 EDT 2003

I've used this sort of thing before on a Netopia router.

The customer can have 2 PPPoE sessions both going to the same PPPoE server,
but then tunneling off through L2TP from there 2 to different service
providers.

An example I can think of is when a client of ours had his router set up to
authenticate on both our network using his @mnsi.net userid, and on Bell
Canada's own ISP using @sympatico.ca.

Its true that the applications for this would be somewhat limited.  Our
customer who used that config eventually just ditched the Sympatico account
anyways, and stuck with a single PPPoE session to our network.