[cisco-bba] Round Robin PPP over L2TP

Thomas Bridge thomas at wibble.to
Fri Sep 19 16:08:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:05:45AM -0400, Vince Mammoliti wrote:

> Thomas can you explain your network a little more.
>
> Would you like to load share across multiple LNS ?

We have a BAS which is the logical end point for PPPoVPDN connections.
These connections clearly come in over L2TP tunnels over an IP
connection from the incumbent telco.

The IP link the L2TP comes in over is contended at the moment.  There
are three L2TP tunnels coming in from the telco - from each
of their three regional POPs.

Each L2TP session contains a large number of individual PPPoE connections.
As far as I can make out, L2TP siimply shares the capacity on FIFO
basis.   I'd like to try to make thi round robin - so that a flood of
packets on one session doesn't delay the packet on another session.

Does this help?

Thomas