[cisco-bba] SESM and 7301's

Gordon Smith gsmith at wxc.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 15:07:43 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a requirement for an aggregation solution for broadband customers.
The aggregation devices should be able to do on-the-fly manipulation of customer connections e.g. dynamically reduce their allocated bandwidth when a data cap is reached.
Customer self-service is also desired.

The same devices will also be terminating VoIP traffic and applying diff-serv tags.

I've been informed that combining the SESM software with SSG enabled routers will allow us to do this, because SESM uses a proprietary protocol to talk to the SSG routers, but there appears to be no info at all on Cisco's site relating to this proprietary protocol. I don't need

Gordon Smith  CCNA
IP Services Manager

WorldxChange Communications Ltd.