[cisco-bba] feature or bug?

Félix Izquierdo fizquierdo at l3consulting.com
Wed Feb 11 06:18:30 EST 2004

It's the traditional behaviour with vaccess cloned from vtemplates. If
you change the vtemplate configuration, the change is applied to all the
vaccess cloned from this vtemplate, overriding also any per-user aaa
configuration. The vaccess mechanism has some side effect like this. The
best is to mantain vtemplate with the mininal and non-conflictive with
the radius profiles configuration.

I've lived a similar ( and terrible ) side effect with vaccess using the
virtual-profiles pre-cloning feature: Using pre-cloning the vaccess is
not destroyed after user disconnects, and the problem was that the
special configuration of vpn users ( ip vrf forwarding and interface ip
address ) remained applied, then the vaccess wasn't usable if the next
user was an Internet ( non-vpn ) user.

Cheers.

Félix