[cisco-bba] VPDN Multihop

Marc marc at teksavvy.com
Thu Apr 14 11:18:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

Here's my setup;

I have two LNS' both at 7206 NPE-G1's. they are configured like this:

Customer prems -> LAC -> LNS1 -> LNS2 -> transit to internet

I have multihop enabled on LNS1 and I'm passing these avpairs back from
my radius:

Cisco-AVPair	vpdn:tunnel-type=l2tp
Cisco-AVPair	vpdn:l2tp-tunnel-password=pass
Cisco-AVPair	vpdn:tunnel-id=lns1-out
Cisco-AVPair	vpdn:ip-addresses=ipaddy

So everything works fine.. It connects. But then I get two radius
accounting entries in my radius logs.

So, I now have to remove accounting from the default group and only
authenticate. Now I created a second vpdn-group on LNS1 and it points to
a second virtual-template where accounting is enabled.

The catch is that I want some users to be terminated on LNS1 and some on
LNS2.. I'm doing this to help with the amount of sessions being
terminated.. At peek times there's a total of 2500 sessions and its
getting to be border line too much for one npe-g1 to handle so I'm
trying to spread it over the both of them.

What I don't know how to do is to make the incomming vpdn requests be
accepted by the second vpdn-group I created and only those terminating
locally send accouting records to the radius server. i.e. what avpairs
can I pass back to bump from the default vpdn-group to a different
vpdn-group where accounting is enabled.

Accounting is dissabled by default in the aaa config...

Thoughts anybody?

Marc