[cisco-bba] Multilink PPPoA

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Mon Apr 18 10:03:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get Multilink PPP working in a stable manner over an ATM
(ADSL) network using L2TP. Sometimes (twice) the 2 ADSL circuits have
bonded, however, I haven't been able to get consistent results in it bonding
them together.

I'm using a 1721 with 2 x WIC-1ADSL and trying to multilink them over on a
7301 acting as my LNS.

Sometimes I end up with both virtual-interfaces together with a third vi
which is the MLPPP bundle, and other times I just get 2 sessions logged onto
the LNS.

Does anyone have a working config that I could use to compare to my 1721
config (below) to see if their is anything wrong with that, as I am confused

Also below is the virtual-template used on the LNS when the session logs in.

Cisco 1721 config:
=============
interface ATM0
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
 pvc 0/38
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
  dialer pool-member 1

interface ATM1
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
 pvc 0/38
  encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
  dialer pool-member 1

interface Dialer1
 ip address negotiated
 ip nat outside
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 1
 dialer idle-timeout 0
 dialer-group 1
 ppp authentication chap callin
 ppp chap hostname test at test.com
 ppp chap password 0 password
 ppp pap sent-username test at test.com password 0 password
 ppp multilink

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

virtual-template 1:
============
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Port-channel1
 ip mroute-cache
 no logging event link-status
 load-interval 30
 no snmp trap link-status
 ntp disable
 peer default ip address pool default
 keepalive 30
 ppp mtu adaptive
 ppp authentication chap pap callin
 ppp ipcp dns 192.168.4.247 192.168.2.247
 ppp multilink
 ppp multilink fragment disable
 ppp multilink links minimum 2
 ppp multilink endpoint hostname