[cisco-bba] BNAS Authentication Problems

Mark mac at telvia.it
Wed Apr 20 17:07:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

we have some problems with some DSL user not being able to log on our
BNASes.

Problems seems affecting IPCP authorization phase but is strange that
only few (two) in thousand of customers are affected by this problems.

Below a show caller output for the customers affected by this problem.

BNAS#sh caller user user1 detailed

   User: user1, line Vi46, service PPPoATM
         Connected for 02:22:29, Idle for 00:00:19
   Timeouts:    Limit     Remaining Timer Type
                -         -         -
   PPP: LCP Open, PAP (<-)
   LCP: -> peer, AuthProto, MagicNumber
        <- peer, MRU, MagicNumber
   NCP: Closed IPCP
   IP: Local 10.10.0.1, remote 10.10.100.35
   Counts: 3728 packets input, 193793 bytes, 0 no buffer
           0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun
           1004 packets output, 10663 bytes, 0 underruns

NCP state point to a closed IPCP state! Some one can point me what are
going wrong?

Mark