[cisco-bba] Broadband aggregation on 7600 / MWAM

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristo at ipf.is
Wed Jul 20 13:27:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on the list had expirience in
broadband aggregation on 7600 and would care to enlighten
me.

What I want to do is to aggregate DSL users on a box, which will serve
both as an LAC and an LNS (due to the need to seperate users based on
domain).  On the LNS (same box :)).  I'm using PPPoE.

In Cisco's BBA portfolio, the reference to 7600 is "Cisco 7600 with
MWAM" (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps368/prod_brochure09186a0080088763.html).

Does this mean that I have to have an MWAM module to do this, or can I
just run it on the 7600 itself?  If I can do that, what kind of
performance can I expect (number of users)?

Thanks in advance,

--
Kristófer Sigurðsson           Tel: +354 414 1600
Netrekstur/Network Operations  IP Fjarskipti ehf.