[cisco-bba] Implementing Enhanced 9-1-1 over DSL wholesale so that a Type D Radius Acct-Session-ID through L2TP tunnel switching to a third party ISP Radius Server?

Francois D. Menard francois at menards.ca
Wed Dec 20 03:30:36 EST 2006

Folks,

If I am an ILEC running a DSL wholesale environment with L2TP tunnel
switching, how would I get a type D (ATM VC Extended Format) Accounting
Session ID (Acct-Session-Id = "slot/subslot/port/VPI.VCI_acct-session-id")
for an individual PPPoE end-user DSL wholesale session to carry through all
the way to the radius server of a wholesale ISP?

Is this possible at all?

This would be for implementing Enhanced 9-1-1 for VoIP so that I may run my
own Location Information Server and infer civic addresses from unique
VPI-VCIs.

Thanks!

-=Francois=-
@: mailto:francois at menards.ca