[cisco-bba] Software Image selection.

Ross W roscoe.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:48:32 EST 2006

Okay, in having some talks with local cisco resellers, I'm getting a lot of
different responses as to the correct software image to be purchasing to do
pppoe aggregation on a bunch of new 7200/npe-g1s (we're doing a conversion
from redback) - All the way from IP base to the full enterprise level.

Probably it's due to the fact that the same feature is listed multiple times
on the navigator, so selecting the wrong one provides a different answer,
and it makes me doubt my selection, hence why I asked and got even more
options.  It's a pretty basic requirement, but it just seems that some
people just don't know the product they sell.

What I need:
- pppoe server support
- l2tp tunneling of pppoe (as an LNS)
- radius
- ospf/bgp

Bonus items would include MPLS, IPv6 support and the ability to turn on mpf
support in the future.

So what's the rest of the world using out there that's stable?