[cisco-bba] AAA POD fails to disconnect PPPoATM

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Wed Aug 1 20:50:05 EDT 2007

I have a very weird problem on 7200's running 12.2(31)SB5.  We have
PPPoATM and PPPoE sessions terminating on the same router.

Sending a POD I can disconnect PPPoE successfully.

If I try to disconnect a PPPoA session, the router ACK's that it had
done the POD and it was successful, yet it never disconnects the
session.  The only difference I can find in any of the debugs or traces
I do is that one is PPPoE (which actually disconnects the session) and
one is PPPoA (which says it disconnects, but does not)

I have a TAC case open, but just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends