[cisco-bba] terminating l2 ADSL customers

Sunet Sysadmin sysadmin at sunet.com.au
Mon Feb 26 22:41:29 EST 2007

 Hi ,
I am using cisco 3660 router V-12.2 terminating DSL L2TP VPDN over ATM and
freeradius.

my configuration is as follows

aaa authentication login default local
aaa authentication ppp default if-needed group radius
aaa authorization network default group radius
aaa session-id common

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group 1
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 10
 terminate-from hostname 172.31.248.207
 lcp renegotiation always
 l2tp tunnel password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
virtual-template 10 pre-clone 600

interface Virtual-Template10
mtu 1492
ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0.1
ppp authentication chap pap

this is my configuration to run l2 on ATM(AGVC).
I can ping the LAC.

1) do i need to create seperate VPDN-group for each LAC.
2)People who maintainLAC(which is Telstra in this case) told me session is initiated at their end and they get vpdn service unavailable.

when i start the debug for vpdn packets i don't see any thing.

Where am i going wrong. can u please point me through the right direction.any help is much appreciated.

cheers
phani.