[cisco-bba] terminating l2 ADSL customers

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Feb 27 02:25:02 EST 2007

Sunet Sysadmin <> wrote on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:41 AM:

>  Hi ,
> I am using cisco 3660 router V-12.2 terminating DSL L2TP VPDN over
> ATM and
> freeradius.
>
> my configuration is as follows
>
> aaa authentication login default local
> aaa authentication ppp default if-needed group radius
> aaa authorization network default group radius
> aaa session-id common
>
> vpdn enable
> !
> vpdn-group 1
>  accept-dialin
>   protocol l2tp
>   virtual-template 10
>  terminate-from hostname 172.31.248.207
>  lcp renegotiation always
>  l2tp tunnel password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> !
> virtual-template 10 pre-clone 600
>
> interface Virtual-Template10
> mtu 1492
> ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0.1
> ppp authentication chap pap
>
> this is my configuration to run l2 on ATM(AGVC).
> I can ping the LAC.
>
> 1) do i need to create seperate VPDN-group for each LAC.

No. Just agree with your partner (Telstra) on a tunnel name and
reference this one in "terminate-from hostname <name>", see also below.

> 2)People who maintainLAC(which is Telstra in this case) told me
> session is initiated at their end and they get vpdn service
> unavailable.

Right, you have "terminate-from hostname 172.31.248.207" configured, and
IOS treats "172.31.248.207" as a literal name, not as an IP address. So
please check with Telstra which tunnel name they use, and use this one
in the vpdn-group..

> when i start the debug for vpdn packets i don't see any thing.

try "debug vpdn l2x-event" or "debug vpdn l2x-packet"..

	oli