[cisco-bba] Multiple PPPoE Sessions per PVC

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Mar 30 01:16:23 EST 2007

Christoph Loibl <> wrote on Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:22 PM:

> Hi!
>
> Did someone of you ever try to setup multiple PPPoE sessions per
> single PVC on CPEs like Cisco 877, 878? Is this supported (ie.
> Alcatel does support that on their CPEs - as far as I understand the
> manual).

Unfortunately, this is not possible, and I'm not aware of plans to
support this enhancement. You can only run a single PPPoE session per
PVC.

> The intention is to seperate different services that do not have
> special bandwidth/quality requirements but shall never be mixed (ie.
> internet access vs. some vpn). The seperation on the CPE-side is
> performed by vrf-lite (by putting the dialer interfaces and local
> vlan interfaces into seperate vrfs).

have you investigated the use of Client-initiated L2TP for this? Not
sure how many Virtual-PPP-sessions you can practically build, but this
could be a solution..

	oli