[cisco-bba] Multiple PPPoE Sessions per PVC

Christoph Loibl cl at sil.at
Thu Mar 29 14:22:18 EST 2007

Hi!

Did someone of you ever try to setup multiple PPPoE sessions per single
PVC on CPEs like Cisco 877, 878? Is this supported (ie. Alcatel does
support that on their CPEs - as far as I understand the manual).

Multiple PPPoE sessions in multiple PVCs works fine but does not always
scale very well (when only network L2/L3 separation is needed but no
quality/bandwidth requirements).

The intention is to seperate different services that do not have special
bandwidth/quality requirements but shall never be mixed (ie. internet
access vs. some vpn). The seperation on the CPE-side is performed by
vrf-lite (by putting the dialer interfaces and local vlan interfaces
into seperate vrfs).

Sometimes we could make use of up to 3-4 sessions. Any ideas?

Regards

Christoph

--
Ing Christoph Loibl <cl at sil.at>                Senior Network Engineer