[cisco-bba] PPPoE and VLAN ranges

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Fri Oct 5 13:50:58 EDT 2007

Clayton Zekelman wrote:
> In general, how are people setting up PPPoE on a 7200 using Ethernet
> interfaces?  Multiple sub-interfaces?

Well, in SB it's claimed that you can do PPPoE even on inner tags
(PPPoEoQinQ), but if they can't get the outer tag problem solved in
ranges first, it's going to make for one hela big config which is going
to be a mess to manage.  We're in the same boat.  Fortunately we only
have a couple of hundred subif's created right now.  If Cisco doesn't
fix the issue, it's going to make it incredibly hard to scale this kind
of stuff...

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC