[cisco-bba] PPPoE and VLAN ranges

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Fri Oct 5 13:40:51 EDT 2007

I just checked through some old discussions, and it seems this
feature has been broken for a few years.

In general, how are people setting up PPPoE on a 7200 using Ethernet
interfaces?  Multiple sub-interfaces?

Our older series of DSLAMs were all ATM based, so PVC ranges worked there.

The new series have Ethernet uplinks.  I have the option of doing per
port VLAN tagging, or setting them up to put everyone on the chassis
in a single VLAN or with no VLAN tagging at all.  I'd prefer not to
do this (the DSLAM does MUX forwarding, so broadcast traffic from one
subscriber will not be propagated to others) because I want to be
able to identify the individulal port a session comes from.

At 11:50 AM 10/5/2007, Robert Blayzor wrote:
>Clayton Zekelman wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm trying to terminate PPPoE Sessions on a Cisco 7200 series router
> > (Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.4(16),
> > RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1))
> >
> > Everything works fine if I use an individual subinterface for each VLAN:
>

>This is a known bug.  I can't remember the exact bug id, but I opened at
>least one or two TAC cases on this issue.  I remember them giving us
>maintenance version of IOS which seemed to fix the problem, but when we
>upgraded to a later version of SB it broke it again.
>
>Try bug ID's  CSCsd75854 and CSCse45182
>
>--
>Robert Blayzor
>INOC
>rblayzor at inoc.net
>http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/
>
>The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
>not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.
>

>--
>10/4/2007 5:03 PM

---
Clayton Zekelman