[cisco-bba] PPPoE and VLAN ranges

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Mon Oct 8 11:46:11 EDT 2007

Upgrading to a newer version of IOS improved things a bit.

On Version 12.4(15)T1,  the IDBless vlan ranges work, but then, I
went and set up a subinterface on the same physical interface, and
assigned it a dot1q vlan outside of the range listed on the main
interface, and we're now back to the same situation of not being able
to get beyond LCP on new sessions on the main interface.

I even deleted the subinterface, and sessions still won't establish.

Took a reload of the router to allow sessions to start establishing again...

At 03:13 PM 10/5/2007, Robert Blayzor wrote:
>Vince Mammoliti wrote:
> > Clayton,
> >
> > Robert is talking about supporting QinQ tagging. This is not what you
> > require here.
>

>No, see previous posts.  I'm talking about exactly what he is
>experiencing.  I've even referenced the bug id's, which still appear to
>be present in 12.2SB5.
>
>The fact that if you use a subif with the VLAN and use PPPoE, it works,
>but if you try to use PPPoE using the vlan-range as he has configured,
>PPPoE breaks.  In one of the two bud-id's I gave there are some
>references to it.  I also found my TAC case regarding this very issue.
>
>I was given in interim IOS build which seemed to fix the problem, but
>when I upgraded to the mainline code they said the "fix was in", it
>broke it again.
>
>--
>Robert Blayzor
>INOC
>rblayzor at inoc.net
>http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/
>
>If you unplug it fast enough, anything is hot swappable!
>

>--
>10/4/2007 5:03 PM

---
Clayton Zekelman