[cisco-bba] External DHCP server doesn't work well for PPPoX customer on Cisco 7206VXR when DHCP address pool constrained

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Oct 21 02:44:15 EDT 2007

Agreed.  Except what you described is a different scheme than the other
technologies I listed, and the primary reason I moved DHCP off the BRAS was
to converge a point of management.

If I was only a DSL shop I'm pretty sure I would be using the internal DHCP
server.  In fact, for my dialup users I do pretty much you've described.

Frank