[cisco-bba] about Cisco 7206VXR + PA-A6-OC3SMI

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Sep 25 02:37:22 EDT 2008

>From the Cisco docs:

RFC 1483 Bridging Implementations

Select one of these RFC 1483 bridging implementations for your Asymmetric
Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) service.

*	Integrated
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_examp
le09186a008071a5d0.shtml>  Routing and Bridging (IRB) -(Recommended) The IRB
feature allows your Cisco DSL Router to bridge traffic in on its ATM
interface (the ADSL interface) and then route that traffic out on its
Ethernet interface. With IRB enabled, the Cisco DSL Router can perform
value-added services such as Network Address Translation (NAT) overload, NAT
Pool, Static NAT, and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) Server.
*	Pure
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_examp
le09186a008071a88e.shtml>  Bridging -In a Pure Bridging implementation, your
Cisco DSL Router acts as a simple ADSL to Ethernet bridge, and is unable to
provide value-added services.

I think you want to do IRB..

Here's an example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_exampl