[cisco-bba] about Cisco 7206VXR + PA-A6-OC3SMI

Matteo mr.tetto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:04:39 EDT 2008

> PPPoA only can run over an ATM PVC. This works fine for an ATM setup,
> CPE talking out its ATM PVC to the DSLAM hooked up via ATM back to the
> ATM cloud and back down to your LNS/termination box. But it doesn't
> work when you do things differently.

My ISP connect to by PA-A6-OC3SMI, and it tell me an ATM PVC to every
cutomer, so I can use PPPoA

Now I think to start is most friendly use RFC1483, but I don't know if I
could use routed or bridge....???

in my country the most big telco use RFC1483 but I don't see never our side
but only customer site and I configure connction using this:

interface ATM0
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
 bandwidth 2048
 ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.252
 pvc 8/35
  oam-pvc manage
  oam retry 5 5 1
  encapsulation aal5snap
 !

Now I would configure my customer with this example but I don't configure
never other side..... can you send me some example ??
This is is RFC1483 routed or bridge ??

Thank you

Mat