[cisco-bba] [QUAR] NPE-G2 with C7200-I/O-2FE/E

Bryan Campbell bbc at misn.com
Wed Jan 7 09:46:02 EST 2009

We did the same thing over a year ago.  It is supported but not recommended.

Leaving the I/O boards in creates limits.  Programming would be through
the old I/O board.  Bandwidth points still apply with the old I/O board
in place.  All that for a couple of F/E ports . . .

Take out the old I/O board and _all_ the limits go away.

If you need additional ports, use .1q tagged interfaces via a Gig-E
switch . . . life goes on.

bbc