[cisco-bba] PPPoE Mid-session Shaping/Policing

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Jan 9 09:01:59 EST 2009

Does the 7206VXR terminate the sessions or forward them on?

A possible solution that springs to mind is, if the router terminates the
session (or at least for the sessions that it does terminate), create a
script that uses the "show users wide" command to build a list of
usernames and corresponding Vi interfaces. You could then configure those
Vi interfaces as per normal and apply rate-limits.

I believe this is doable, I seem to recall playing with it a while back,
but maybe Im wrong and thinking of something else - it was a couple of
years ago.

Tom