[cisco-bba] 'sessions' versus 'PPPoA/E sessions' counts

ahmad fadly peditea at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 21:42:37 EDT 2009

I seem too many pending and fail number of sessions. If you see your cpu proc is to high and your box is overly busy, try to use CAC (call admission control). It works to prevent overloading cpu and protect the router resources.

You can use sh call admission statistics to see the CAC statistic
C10K#sh call admission statistics
Cac New Model (SRSM) is ACTIVE
Total call Session charges: 0, limit 90
Total calls rejected 1669, accepted 340854
Reject reason: CPU-limit: 1669 SessionCharges 0
Current actual CPU: 14%, Limit: 90%
Hardware CAC is currently not active

-----
Fadly