[cisco-bba] IP Pool selection from Radius server

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 18 07:28:55 EST 2010

> I am trying to work out how Cisco IP pool selection can be implemented
in a
> PPPoe environment.
>
> BRAS : Cisco 7206, IOS 12.2-31(SB8)
>
> Let's say that I have 2 IP pools locally defined in the BRAS with
different
> ranges of IP addresses:
>
> ip local pool pool-area1 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.100
> ip local pool pool-area2 20.0.0.2 20.0.0.100
>
> I can configure the Radius server to send in the right attribute (or
> probably a VSA) the string "pool-area1" or "pool-area2" to the 7206 in
order
> to perform the right selection but I don't know how to configure the
> accept IP-Pool selection from Radius server.
>
> Can somebody help or provide links ?

the following profile should do (along with "aaa authorization network
default group radius" or something along this line)

test Password = "test"
        User-Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        cisco-avpair = "ip:addr-pool=pool-area1"

see also
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_3/dial/configuration/guide/dcperu
sr.html

or did I miss your point?