[cisco-bba] Multiple virtual circuits over single link

Vince Mammoliti vince at cisco.com
Tue Oct 9 15:09:27 EDT 2012

It would be L2TP with in L2TP tunnel.

So tunnel in a tunnel. Would need to adjust your MTU, but could work.

V.

From:  Darren O'Connor <darrenoc at outlook.com>
Date:  Tuesday, 9 October, 2012 2:05 PM
To:  Vince  Mammoliti <vince at cisco.com>, Arie Vayner <ariev at vayner.net>
Cc:  "cisco-bba at puck.nether.net" <cisco-bba at puck.nether.net>
Subject:  RE: [cisco-bba] Multiple virtual circuits over single link

At the moment we do in fact use a GRE tunnel that terminates on a firewall
connecting to the customers network. It does work, but would be ideal if it
were 'cleaner' in the sense that it just had it's own VC.

As for L2TP. I'm not 100% sure how that will work. Currently BT carry all
traffic from the CPE to my LNS over an L2TP tunnel. How would I run L2TP on
top of that?