[cisco-bba] 7204vxr - IP NAT multiple inside global

Mr Nathan Downes nathandownes at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 07:55:14 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I have the following config for NAT translations using the 7204 to terminate
a small number of PPPOE sessions and expecting it to double over next month
or so..  Most just get a public IP and don't do NAT but some I allocate an
address to go through NAT.

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

description Interface for Internet Access

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.240

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly in

duplex auto

speed auto

media-type rj45

negotiation auto

!

ip nat inside source list 100 interface GigabitEthernet0/2 overload

access-list 100 remark IP list allowed to NAT

I want to be able to use a larger range of IPs for the inside global but my
google fu and understanding is failing me..  say I wanted to allocate..
192.168.0.1/29  how would I do that?

I also have an NPE-G2 in it, what would be a reasonable number of sessions
for it to be able to terminate?

Thanks,

Nathan