[cisco-nas] terminating DSL VLANs/Tunnels (spec. bell nexxia,canada)

Dave [Hawk-Systems] dave at hawk-systems.com
Mon Aug 11 09:53:32 EDT 2003

>What kind of tunnels are you talking about? Are these L2TP tunnels? If
>so, the 3550 doesn't support L2TP termination.
>
>Dennis

good catch,  they are L2TP tunnels.   VLAN trunking is ISL.

As such, the question becomes what do we need to terminate the tunnels in,
recommended setup sort of thing, from the given 120 tunnel count over the 12
VLANs.

Obviously I was hoping the robust and feature-full nature of the 3550 would be a
one shot solution to save on configuration, device number, and rackspace.

Dave