[cisco-nas] terminating DSL VLANs/Tunnels (spec. bell nexxia,canada)

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Fri Aug 15 10:47:27 EDT 2003

Dave [Hawk-Systems] [dave at hawk-systems.com] wrote:
> >What kind of tunnels are you talking about? Are these L2TP tunnels? If
> >so, the 3550 doesn't support L2TP termination.
> >
> >Dennis
>
> good catch,  they are L2TP tunnels.   VLAN trunking is ISL.
>
> As such, the question becomes what do we need to terminate the tunnels in,
> recommended setup sort of thing, from the given 120 tunnel count over the 12
> VLANs.

Is that 120 tunnel or 120 sessions? If tunnels, how many sessions do
you expect? It sounds like you are looking for both a router and a
switch combined into one. I think the c37xx has a switch module but I
don't know if it has sufficient port density or is the most cost
effective solution for your needs though.

Dennis