[cisco-nas] as5800 for fax off-ramp?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jul 8 13:26:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Darryl Sladden wrote:

> The AS5800 does not support T.37 fax relay.

What parts would we need in an as5400 to do fax off-ramp on a channelized
T3?  Is my understanding correct that with off-ramp, we can literally send
specially crafted emails from pretty much any software capable of sending
email to the access-server, and the access-server will convert those
emails to faxes and send them to the appropriate fax numbers?  Why is
voice/VOIP always mentioned in the documents?...what does fax off-ramp
have to do with VOIP protocols?