[cisco-nas] Callback with Microsoft IAS (RADIUS)

Michael Taylor (mitaylor) mitaylor at cisco.com
Fri Jul 11 14:13:07 EDT 2003

Hi Ricky,

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying here, so a few questions;

You're an ISP, or and end user? (Because the ISP will have to set up your
account for 'MS Callback')

If callback is applied to your user profile (via RADIUS) at the ISP end,
then one of two things will happen;
1: ISP hard codes your phone number in their database, and when you dial
and authenticate, Windows will disconnect automatically, and then a box
will sit in the middle of the screen saying something like 'Waiting for
Callback'.

2: ISP allows 'MS Callback' but doesn't allocate a phone number. Again,
your PC will dial, authenticate etc and then a pop-up box will appear on
your screen asking for your the callback phone number.

If you are hitting cancel at any time during the dialup you will make
Windows abort the dialling completely, and you  will end up with no
connection...

Let me know if this helps, and if you have any more questions

Cheers,
Mike

At 09:35 AM Thursday 10/07/2003 +0200, Ricky Magalhaes wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>

>I was searching on the internet and saw that you have a level of good
>understanding when it comes to IAS RADIUS and Cisco compatibility. When I
>dial in to the Cisco box it tries to call me back when I press cancel,
>hoping that I will just connect onto the network and it will not
>disconnect me it disconnects me.
>

>I hope you can help me with this
>

>RM

Cisco Systems,
Customer Support Engineer,
Asia Pacific Technical Assistance Centre,
Sydney, Australia
Ph:     (+61 2) 8446 6044