[cisco-nas] Lost Fragments

Voralt peder at voralt.net
Tue Jun 17 17:49:47 EDT 2003

We have a PRI into a 3640 and are running 128k ISDN connections.  When I
look at "show ppp multi", I see the following.  xxx has lots of lost
fragments and discards and coincidentally, says their connection seems
"slow".  yyy says it is running fine.  Another bit of information is that
user xxx is on LEC A and all of the users on LEC A have lost fragments and
discards and appear to be slow.  yyy is on LEC B and all of the users on LEC
b have no problems and no errors.  We are using LEC C for the PRI.  If we
drop all of the users and make them dial back in, it still follows all of
the users from LEC A.  To me, it seems like an issue either inside LEC A's
network, or between LEC A and LEC C, but I'm not sure exactly where.  We've
contacted LEC C and they say "we see no errors on the PRI, have a nice day".
Any ideas where this error might be originating?  I can't imagine that it is
on the user end.

Virtual-Access5, bundle name is xxx
  Bundle up for 2d22h
  Dialer interface is Serial0/1:23
  16452 lost fragments, 53922 reordered, 0 unassigned
  7296 discarded, 0 lost received, 25/255 load
  0x45C2F0 received sequence, 0x385538 sent sequence
  Member links: 2 (max not set, min not set)
    Se0/1:4, since 2d22h, last rcvd seq 45C2EE
    Se0/1:0, since 2d22h, last rcvd seq 45C2EF

Virtual-Access6, bundle name is yyy
  Bundle up for 2w5d
  Dialer interface is Serial0/1:23
  0 lost fragments, 23 reordered, 0 unassigned
  0 discarded, 0 lost received, 7/255 load
  0x19352E received sequence, 0x166A7C sent sequence
  Member links: 2 (max not set, min not set)
    Se0/1:8, since 2w5d, last rcvd seq 19352C
    Se0/1:9, since 2w5d, last rcvd seq 19352D