[cisco-nas] AS5300 C7 signalling configuration

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Nov 28 07:01:35 EST 2003

> Thanks for your helpfull information. Yes we are going to use sc2200
> as signalling controller. But our application will be VoIP not PPP
> server. Could you please suggest if the VoIP config is different from
> PPP configuration for ss7 signalling.

Well, it's more or less the same, the essential part is the E1 and the
rlm group configuration and tying them together using "isdn rlm-group 0"
on the Serial0:15 interface representing the NFAS bundle. Of course you
won't need the dialer and ppp commands on the serial, but the rest of
the VoIP config is the same compared to an VoIP gateway in a PRI
environment (i.e. without SS7).

For the ISDN applications (voice, ppp, etc.), the overall behaviour
closely resembles PRI signalling, the major difference is that the Q931
messages will arrive via RLM/UDP from the SC2200, not on the E1's
D-channel.

For SC2200 config check out
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/sc/rel7/soln/inde
x.htm